What is Advertising?
What does Advertising mean to you as a customer? And, as a marketer?
- Advertising… is an interruption that just comes in the way
- Advertising… is how we stay informed about new promotions and offers
- Advertising… reinforces my beliefs about the brands I like
- Advertising… is a wasteful way to market
- Advertising… is all Technology-led and data-driven now
- Advertising… is crafting engaging creatives based on rich customer insights
- Advertising… is what my newspaper is filled with, instead of great content
- Advertising… wins awards, but does it actually work?
- Advertising… is what big brands do to make noise
- Advertising… is good, but PR is better!
Which of these statements resonates with you the most? And, what does that say about you?
What if you replaced the word ‘Advertising‘ with ‘Marketing‘ or ‘Digital Marketing‘ or ‘Search Engine Marketing‘? Would that change your answer?
If you’re right where you need to be, good for you!
If you’re not happy with the way things are, what are you doing to fix it?
#think #experiments #reflections