Thanks to a friend’s tweet, I discovered an excellent writeup on “75 Ways To Stay Unhappy Forever“. Yes, I know what you’re thinking. This is not the kind of list you come across very often, or go in search of. But, as the authors suggest, it will work wonders if “you read each bullet point and then move swiftly in the opposite direction” !
Here’s a brief excerpt of some of the points that I found particularly noteworthy…
– Fear change and resist it
– Complain about problems instead of taking the necessary steps to resolve them
– Try to control everything and then worry about the things you can’t control
– Hold onto anger. Never forgive anyone.
– Don’t let anyone help you
– Dwell on things that happened in the past
– Say “yes” to everyone. Fill all your time with commitments.
– Fear the things you don’t fully understand
– Think about all the things you don’t have
– Don’t say what you mean. Don’t mean what you say.
Naturally, reading the entire list is highly recommended. Oh, and please remember to “move swiftly in the opposite direction”…