- Most of us are not comfortable talking about it, even with close friends and family.
- It’s probably the world’s most preferred measure of success.
- It can represent survival for some, and freedom for others.
- It drives most humans to accumulate way beyond any man’s need – we can never seem to have enough, no matter how much we already have.
- Society often thinks of those who have the ability to earn (and keep) exorbitant amounts of it, as heroes.
- Too much or too little of it can cause problems for some folks, and solve problems for others.
- What started off a medium of storing / exchanging value, now practically runs the world
We certainly have a complicated relationship with Money.
There is a branch of Physics called ‘Non linear Dynamics’ that studies systems governed by equations more complex than the linear – not random, just not linear eg. the Weather system. In Mathematics, their study is referred to as ‘Chaos Theory’.
Here’s what I have found to be non-linear in Life…
- Health benefits from good habits
- Accrual of Knowledge and Wisdom
- How our Relationships ebb and flow
- Career Progression
- Wealth Accumulation
- Recovery from Pain
- Dealing with Grief and Loss
In short, almost every thing that matters in Life. And yet, we expect all of these to be linear phenomena.
Health – 7 Rules
Rules to keep in mind when it comes to Health / Medicine:
- Medicine ≠ Health; Medicine should not be the first resort, and should be seen as a temporary aid, as far as possible
- Doctors are human too – they can be cautious, aggressive, money-minded, etc.; Therefore, whenever you can, choose the more conservative approach
- Never only Google your symptoms; Follow it up with reading from credible sources like Mayo Clinic; Take in the whole picture
- Use every opportunity to improve your knowledge of Health (and hence, treatment of illness), through the problems that affect friends and family
- Learn about natural remedies and alternative medicinal approaches like Biochemistry and Homeopathy – there is much more to it than the Western world thinks/knows
- Medical standards keep changing, so stay informed and be aware
- Most importantly, Life is about dealing with the unexpected. When shit happens, remember to stay positive. That does more for your Health than anything else!