Working It Out
It’s been a couple of months since my last blog post, and I’ve been busy settling into a new role at work.
As some of you may know, I recently joined Microsoft India as an Industry Advisor, to help top-tier clients leverage Cloud & Enterprise solutions. Needless to say, it is a huge organization with an exciting canvas, and has the potential to ‘make a dent in the universe’.
Microsoft’s mission is to “empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more“. I’m sure you will agree that with a mission statement like that, one cannot help but feel stoked.
Here’s a sample of how the last two weeks have transpired…
- Got introduced to key partners at the annual Partner Leadership Conclave 2021 in an intensive two-day expo
- Participated in the Microsoft Global Hackathon 2021 as an Business Strategy advisor, collaborating with colleagues across the globe on a ‘Hack for Society’ – the team is trying to build a solution that makes it possible to digitally donate to those in need, especially the homeless and un-banked
- Attended insightful sessions by thought leaders in industry, academia, and government on how interdisciplinary research and Technology can impact society, as a part of the Microsoft Research Summit 2021
- Completed the requisite Training modules, and am now Microsoft Certified on Dynamics 365 (CRM) Fundamentals
- Attended a Masterclass on Accessibility tools already built into Windows 10, Office 365 and Microsoft Edge, that can be used by folks with learning or comprehension disabilities
Of course, all this is in addition to internal catchups, technology deep-dives and the day-today operations of the job!
Sure, you need to juggle your task lists and manage your time efficiently to make it all work. But, that’s a small price to pay for the breadth of exposure involved, don’t you think?