Many years ago, I came across an intriguing little book called ‘The Book of Questions’. It was full of questions. No answers. But, it made you think about what was most important to you.
Here is my list of questions for a Business Owner… Just questions, no answers. But, it should make you think!
- Are you really a risk taker? Really?
- Do you have the right DNA to run a business of your own?
- Are you leveraging the ‘Long Tail’ enough? (If you don’t know what that means, do look it up)
- What keeps you from investing in the idea/venture/business?
- Should you be a franchisee? Why aren’t you one already?
- Should you be a franchiser? Why aren’t you one already?
- Do you have the systems and processes needed to build a team and empower them?
- Are you afraid of delegating control?
- Are you aware of the opportunities that surround you? Really aware?
- What are you doing to tap into the opportunities around you?
- What skills don’t you have? Which ones don’t you want to build yourself? What are you doing to acquire them?
- Why do you want to start/grow your business?
- Do you know what your sweet spot is in terms of scale of operations?
- What is the worst that can happen if you fail at this? And then, fail again?
- Will you be able to manage the social adjustments needed when you shift from a “job” to a “business”?
- Do you think owning/starting a business means less work than working for an employer?
Time for some introspection…